Sunday, March 22, 2009

South by South Wizard: Saturday

Caught the end of Telepathe's set at Urban outfitters.
They had two dancers performing during there set.

I spotted Carrie Mundane of Cassette Playa dancing near the side of the stage.
After Telepathe's set was over I introduced myself to Carrie. She was so friendly and cool. I told her I was a fan of her clothing line and that she was one of my favorite designers. She told me to send her an e-mail so we could keep in touch.



I walked to Red House Pizzeria and caught Marcus Rubio and the Gospel Choir of Pillows. This was the first time I had seen them perform outside of San Antonio.
I absolutely adored all the songs they played. I also enjoyed how enthusiastic all the band members were.





Then I went to Waterloo Records with Sarah and Sofia. They wanted to see the Bird and the Bee and I wanted a ride.

I ended up walking to the Austin Convention Center and chilling in there. I killed time walking down 6th street and Red River. I was waiting to see Tinted Windows.
They played a free concert at the Bat Bar. The show was thoroughly entertaining. Tall people even moved out of my way so that I could get a better view.
But all I saw was a very sweaty Taylor Hanson. Oh and I little bit of James Iha and Bun E. Carlos. I really like that song "Kind Of A Girl".



I headed over to Beauty Bar and proceeded to wait. I waited for Slim Twig's set. I met two girls waiting outside Beauty Bar that were Slim Twig fans AND from San Antonio!! (small world)

We were able to perfectly hear and see Slim Twig from outside the Beauty Bar. But I still wish I could have been in the club to see his set. It looked pretty epic even from afar.

Then I waited after his set to take a picture of him. We chatted for a bit and then he posed for a Polaroid. My camera failed so I used my digital camera as a backup.



I hope his drive back to Canada goes well.

Sarah and I also said goodbye to our house guests. We had three guys from Brooklyn staying with us. Brian, Bob, and Scott were pretty nice dudes. Maybe our paths will cross again one day.

"I might not have the power of telepathy but I'm gonna be contacting you"
lyrics from "Because We're Dead" by Slow Club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tinted windows is hi-larious