Monday, April 27, 2009

Strange House

Friday Friday Friday was a blur.
My friends came in from San Antonio. I finished my zine Mystical One. My music video for "In Reverie" was premeired at the Sorin Reel Film Festival and I went to see The Horrors at Emo's.

Did I mention that I went home to San Antonio after the show? Well I did. And nothing really happened except I spent time with a few friends.

Mystical One turned out really well I thought. I want to thank Abraham for lending me the money to produce the copies. I distributed them at the film festival. I'm taking orders so let me know if you want a copy. They are free but I'm charging for postage if I can't hand them to you physically. I might also think about scanning it and posting it somewhere.

I'm still not sure how I feel about my second submission to the Sorin Reel Film Festival. None the less I want to thank everyone who helped me work on it.

Meeting The Horrors and taking pictures with them was surreal. They are so charming in person. They were all very polite and posed for several pictures. All the songs they played were from the new album. We asked them why they didn't play any old stuff and they simply replied, "Because we didn't want to." Faris scolded someone in the crowd for requesting a song, but I thought it was a little funny.

I wasn't too excited to see The Kills perform. They're just not my type of band. So we left after a few of their songs and walked around downtown. It was a bad idea.
I think I almost saw someone die of an overdose. It was a bit scary.

We headed back to Emo's and waited around for the bands to come out and give autographs. We ended up only catching Spider Webb, Coffin Joe, and Faris Badwan. It was fine though. We were all tired and ready to start the drive back to San Antonio.

My favorite moment of the night was taking a group picture with The Horrors and speaking with Rhys. He and Tomethy are my personal favorites.

I just wish we could have danced wildly to songs like "Sheena Is A Parasite" or "Gloves". Maybe one day.

3 comments:

S, said...

Holy shit, how can i get your zine?I don't live in SA, so you will have to ship it to me.

EPHORM said...

your tiny:)

Katkatkat said...

S: send me an e-mail with your address and I'll figure out the postage.

EPHORM: i am pretty short but next to The Horrors I am minuscule.