Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Ending

"That when everything starts breaking down/
You take the pieces off the ground/
And show this wicked town/
something beautiful and new"

God answered my prayers. I am on my way again. At one point I had thought all hope was lost but my friends and family brought my spirits up. I received a phone call this morning that made me cry hard tears of joy.
One way or another I'm headed home. Where I feel most at home.
I don't want to give it all away right now. I don't want to jinx it.

Even if they don't read this, I just want to say thank you to all of my friends who attended my sale on Wednesday. It meant so much to me. I understand that some of my friends couldn't make it. But to those of you who could but didn't want to, just know that you won't stop me from becoming who I am suppose to be.
I am an investment. I will be worth so much in the future. Start investing in me now people and your profits will be ten fold. I am not just talking money. Because time is money.
I have made investments in many young people who I think will become great leaders in there chosen field some day. I would like it if more people did the same for me.

I will have to make many many sacrifices for the year ahead. Unfortunately, that means I can't spend any more money on clothing and accessories. Even though I buy most of my things second hand, I would still have to stop spending on material things that do not better me. It's going to be hard. I have become a consumer and a shop-aholic at thrift stores. I guess I will just have to visit these places less frequently and get by with spending as little money as possible.
I like the challenge but I don't know if I can give some things up. I love live music. Maybe that can be my one luxury. I might have to limit the number of shows and concerts I attend though.

I know I'm going to do a lot more selling. I plan on selling the clothing I already have that is not being used and the clothing and accessories that I will be creating for this purpose. I am a born entrepreneur.

Ready or not, here I come.

No comments: